For those interested in applying for a Legislative Scholarship, please read the information below. Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are due June 1st, 2020 . If you wish to apply, complete the Google Form Application available HERE. High School graduating seniors must check with their guidance counselors (listed below) to have transcripts sent separately.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria
- You must be a District 39 resident. You can check to see if you live in the district by visiting www.mdelect.net.
- If you are a graduating senior attending a high school on the list provided below – Please contact the provided counselor for an application.
- If you are a graduating senior attending a high school not on the list below, but you are still a District 39 resident, please click here for the application.
- If you are a District 39 resident, and are currently enrolled at the Universities at Shady Grove, please contact Tom Clifford at email@example.com
- If you are a current college or graduate student who is not enrolled at USG, click here for the application.
- You must have completed the FAFSA – https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Partner High Schools for the Legislative Scholarship in District 39
- Gaithersburg High School – Contact: Geri Sliffman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magruder High School – Contact: Julie Yang, email@example.com
- Northwest High School — Contact: Rochelle Davis, Rochelle_Davis@mcpsmd.org
- Quince Orchard High School – Contact: Maripat Maloney-Johnston, Maripat_Moloney-Johnston@mcpsmd.org
- Seneca Valley High School – Contact: Patty Maloney, Patricia_A_Maloney@mcpsmd.org
- Watkins Mill High School – Contact: Catherine Heald, Catharine_E_Heald@mcpsmd.org
- Clarksburg High School – Contact: Cintonya Somerville, Cintonya_A_Somerville@mcpsmd.org
Public Colleges and Universities in Maryland
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland University College
- Universities of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Universities at Shady Grove
- University System of Maryland at Hagerstown
- Montgomery College
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE BEING RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THE ONLINE FORM. We are not accepting mail in submission, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. For any questions, please email to Kirill.Reznik@house.state.md.us
For graduating seniors applying through a guidance counselor, please be sure to ask when your application will be due. The guidance counselors set their own pre-determined date.