For those interested in applying for a Legislative Scholarship, please read the information below. Please note that applications for the 2018-2019 school year are due April 16th, 2018 for graduating high school seniors, and May 16th, 2018.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria
- You must be a District 39 resident. You can check to see if you live in the district by visiting www.mdelect.net.
- If you are a graduating senior attending a high school on the list provided below – Please contact the provided counselor for an application.
- If you are a graduating senior attending a high school not on the list below, but you are still a District 39 resident, please click here for the application.
- If you are a District 39 resident, and are currently enrolled at the Universities at Shady Grove, please contact Tom Clifford at email@example.com
- If you are a current college or graduate student who is not enrolled at USG, click here for the application.
- You must have completed the FAFSA – https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Partner High Schools for the Legislative Scholarship in District 39
- Gaithersburg High School – Contact: Geri Sliffman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magruder High School – Contact: Heidi Garland, email@example.com
- Northwest High School — Contact: Rochelle Davis, Rochelle_Davis@mcpsmd.org
- Quince Orchard High School – Contact: Maripat Maloney-Johnston, Maripat_Moloney-Johnston@mcpsmd.org
- Seneca Valley High School – Contact: Patty Maloney, Patricia_A_Maloney@mcpsmd.org
- Watkins Mill High School – Contact: Catherine Heald, Catharine_E_Heald@mcpsmd.org
- Clarksburg High School – Contact: Cintonya Somerville, Cintonya_A_Somerville@mcpsmd.org
Public Colleges and Universities in Maryland
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland University College
- Universities of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Universities at Shady Grove
- University System of Maryland at Hagerstown
- Montgomery College
Due dates and where to send information
- For those sending in applications directly to my office, applications are due May 16th, 2018. Please mail applications to the following address:
The Honorable Kirill Reznik
Lowe House Office Building, Room 350
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Or, you can fax your materials to 301-858-3126 / 410-841-3126 or
email to Kirill.Reznik@house.state.md.us
- For graduating seniors applying through a guidance counselor, please be sure to ask when your application will be due. The guidance counselors set their own pre-determined date.